This workshop will help teachers to improve the planning and delivery of the AP Physics 2 course, so that teachers can help their students to acquire and retain a more thorough understanding of physics and perform better on the AP Exam.
- Discuss the exam format, the curriculum framework, the science practices and learning objectives and the importance of inquiry-based activities and labs.
- Look in depth at difficult content areas, including essential concepts and valuable tools and tricks.
- Work through and discuss past exam questions.
- Discuss the course audit process and issues surrounding course planning and pacing.
- Develop inquiry-based activities and labs for each content area based on the course learning objectives.
- Work through labs and activities as students, debriefing afterward to aid in the development of classroom “take-aways”
- Discuss issues of equity and access.
- Develop and modify assessment items to prepare students for the exam.